[gdal-dev] 1.9 Release Process

Pirmin Kalberer pi_ml at sourcepole.com
Fri Dec 16 09:48:30 EST 2011

Hi Frank, all

Am Mittwoch, 14. Dezember 2011, um 08.31:22 schrieb Frank Warmerdam:
> Folks,
>
> I would like to have a GDAL/OGR 1.9 release by the end of this year,
> ideally before Christmas.  We have not formalized a release process
> for the project, but I'd like to follow the approach of past years.
> This basically consists of a few beta releases, followed by a release
> candidate when things seem to be in good shape.  The release candidates
> would be voted on by the PSC before becoming official.
>
> Anyone with significant work they would like to accomplish before 1.9.0
> should reply to this thread with information on the planned work.

I've created a patch adding read support for shapefile measure values:
http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/2374
If someone could review the patch, I would like to include it in trunk for the
1.9.0 release.
We're contracted to add shapefile measure value support in QGIS. And this
enhancement gives QGIS the possibility to handle XYM geometries.

I'm also working on enhancements for the Interlis drivers, but the status
isn't good enough for a release.

Regards
Pirmin

--
Pirmin Kalberer
Sourcepole  -  Linux & Open Source Solutions