[gdal-dev] SQLite BLOB format of ogr2ogr

Hua-Ying Ling hyling-s7 at nc.rr.com
Fri Dec 30 18:09:50 EST 2011

On Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 5:37 PM, Even Rouault
<even.rouault at mines-paris.org>wrote:

> Hum, I'll suggest you to check again. The BLOB format is WKB format (unless
> you create explicitely a spatialite DB).

The following is the SQLite data BLOB exported using the command ogr2ogr -f
"SQLite" output.sql inputFile.shp

This is a MultiPolygon data blob with 7 entities, it seems to follow the
WKB format up until byte 10:13 which should be a WKB type of value 1-7.

It isn't a spatialite BLOB format because byte 0 doesn't have a hex value
of 0x00 as specified by this document:
http://www.gaia-gis.it/spatialite-2.1/SpatiaLite-manual.html#t2.12

01 06000000 07000000 01030000

Thanks