[gdal-dev] GDM2000 to BRSO

Roger Loweth roger.loweth at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 23:42:14 EST 2011

Good morning,

Here is a code snippet I'm using in gdal-python to transform a point from
GDM2000 (geodetic) to BRSO (projected):

*"""
		transform a pair of coordinates from the input CRS
		to the output GEOGCS and output PROJCS
		all codes are EPSG integers only
		(used internally)
		"""
		in_CRS = osr.SpatialReference()
		out_GEOGCS = osr.SpatialReference()
		out_PROJCS = osr.SpatialReference()
		in_CRS.ImportFromEPSG(inCRS)
		out_GEOGCS.ImportFromEPSG(outGEOGCS)
		out_PROJCS.ImportFromEPSG(outPROJCS)
		transform = osr.CoordinateTransformation(in_CRS, out_GEOGCS)
		coords = transform.TransformPoint(self.lon_value,self.lat_value)
		self.latitude = coords[1]
		self.longitude = coords[0]
		proj_transform = osr.CoordinateTransformation(out_GEOGCS, out_PROJCS)
		proj_coords = proj_transform.TransformPoint(float(self.longitude),
float(self.latitude))
		self.easting = proj_coords[0]
		self.northing = proj_coords[1]*

I'm using EPSG codes 4742 (GDM2000) and 3376 (BRSO) with this test point:
ϕ = 6° 52′ 42.45022″ N
λ = 116° 50′ 47.58835″ E

This should give E/N of:
793704.631 mE 762081.047 mN

but I am getting 204217.0mE 318529.9mN. I have not made any changes to the
GDAL files gcs.csv or pcs.csv

Can anyone see what mistake I am making please?

Thanks, Roger