[gdal-dev] gdal_rasterize 1.8.0 options

Marius Jigmond mariusjigmond at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 4 14:25:43 EST 2011

Hi Everyone,

Some of the options (I didn't test all) introduced with version 1.8.0
seem to behave strangely. Here's what I'm doing:
1. gdal_rasterize -burn 0 -i -l mask mask.shp sample.tif
works fine but I get the following warning:
Warning : the output raster dataset and the input vector layer do not
have the same SRS.
Results might be incorrect (no on-the-fly reprojection of input data).
even though both inputs use the same projection, EPSG:3844.

2. gdal_rasterize -burn 0 -i -a_srs EPSG:3844 -l mask mask.shp
sample.tif
fails with: '-tr xres yes' or '-ts xsize ysize' is required.

3. gdal_rasterize -burn 0 -i -a_nodata 0 -l mask mask.shp sample.tif
fails with: '-tr xres yes' or '-ts xsize ysize' is required.

>From http://www.gdal.org/gdal_rasterize.html it doesn't seem that -a_srs
or -a_nodata would require -tr or -ts. Am I doing something wrong?

-marius