[gdal-dev] error adding ecw on Ubuntu 10.4 (lucid)

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Sat Feb 5 05:26:27 EST 2011

The error message

"""using /usr/lib/gdal17plugins as GDAL shared library autoload directory
checking for libNCSEcw.so or libecwj2... configure: error: not found
in /home/matt/src/libecwj2-3.3/Source//lib or
/home/matt/src/libecwj2-3.3/Source//bin."""

leads me to think that you didn't specify the right directory. I guess gdal-
ecw-build needs the installation prefix of the ECW SDK, not its source
directory.

So you should try "sudo gdal-ecw-build /usr/local" because you "./configure"
the ECW SDK without any installation prefix.