AW: [gdal-dev] An issue about using GDALWARP todotheNTv2transformation

Schmitz, Uwe uwe.schmitz at bezreg-koeln.nrw.de
Wed Feb 16 06:15:43 EST 2011

Heng,

> Hi Uwe,
>
> Thanks for your quick response as usual :)
>
> Yes, I had to use the "BIGTIFF=YES" option on some of these
> large data to get the re-projection done, but did not need to
> use this option on all the data which had this problem. The
> word "large" was actually mentioned due to the fact that all
> the data which do not have this "gap" problem after the
> re-projection are smaller than the ones which have. If you
> want, I can give you more details about the actual size of
> those data tomorrow as I do not have access to the data at the moment.
>
> I actually can clearly see those "gaps" in FW OpenEV and in
> one of our own tools (only for viewing). The gaps are always
> there no matter I zoom in/out them in whichever way. Of
> course, the gaps will become bigger if I zoom in the picture.
>
> The original data are actually provided in smaller tiles
> (GeoTiff) and all I need to do this time is re-projecting the
> data and displaying them as a whole dataset. However, after I
> did the re-projection on those tiles separately, there appear
> to be black lines around those tiles when displaying them in
> one view/window (even after merging them with GDALWARP
> command. Shall I use the option "skip_nosource=yes" to mosaic
> the tiles in the GDALWARP command?). And this was why I chose
> to merge the smaller tiles first and then re-project the
> merged large dataset.

if these gaps are one or two pixel in size and around the
tile boundaries, it is possible that they are caused by
rounding problems during transformation. I don't know
anything about your data, but If they are RGB try to use
another interpolation algorithm like "-r cubic". The
command you posted uses "-r near". This can cause those black
pixels.

Uwe