[gdal-dev] OGR VRT ODBC connection problem

pcreso at pcreso.com pcreso at pcreso.com
Sun Feb 20 19:12:21 EST 2011

Hi,

Apologies for the cross posting, but I figure there are experts on both lists.

I'm trying to get a ogr virtual connection working from a Linux host to a remote Oracle DB to use mapserver for a WFS service providing the required data..

ODBC is working, eg:

sqlplus user/user at metp
select count(*) from land_station;
8338

etc...

However, when testing with ogr2ogr, I get:

ogrinfo ODBC:user/user at metp land_station

libnuma: Warning: /sys not mounted or no numa system. Assuming one node: No such file or directory

and the terminal window hangs, I'm unable to get any response, & have to kill the connection to continue.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

  Brent Wood