[gdal-dev] FWTools and GDAL 1.7.0

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Jan 3 22:12:14 EST 2011

On 11-01-03 06:40 PM, Kyle Shannon wrote:
> Hello all,
> I was working on #3890 and the ticket issuer reported gdalinfo version as:
>

>     gdalinfo --version
>
>     GDAL 1.7.0b2, FWTools 2.4.7, released 2010/01/19
>
> I downloaded FWTools 2.4.7 for windows and verified the version.  I may be
> confused with the GDAL version, but assuming b2 is beta 2, wasn't this version
> was retracted?  Does anyone know if beta 2 was released before the commit that
> caused the HFA issue?  Just wondering if the FWTools should be upgraded to
> 1.7.x.  Thanks.

Kyle,

FWTools was built at random intervals from GDAL trunk.  It appears that
last release was around the 1.7 release point.  I haven't really tried to
keep producing new FWTools releases over the last year and I'm not sure
I've retained enough of the materials for it to produce a new one.  I
might revisit this at some point.  In the meantime I mostly try to point
people to OSGeo4W now.