[gdal-dev] FWTools and GDAL 1.7.0

Kyle Shannon ksshannon at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 12:49:00 EST 2011

I guess my worry was if someone uses the FWTools libs to link against.
1.7.0 had that serious bug for writing HFA files:

*ALERT: The GDAL/OGR 1.7.0 release has been discovered to have a serious bug
which results in all Erdas Imagine files (HFA driver) being generated in a
way that is unreadable by non-GDAL software. Due to this bug, the GDAL/OGR
project has retracted the 1.7.0 release, and has issued it's replacement
with the 1.7.1 bug fix release. See
http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/3382for details.

*If it was worth retracting the release and pushing 1.7.1 out, maybe we
shouldn't have it available in binary form either.  Maybe I am missing
something.

kss

Kyle Shannon
Physical Science Technician