[gdal-dev] mrsid nmake.opt

Kirk McKelvey kmckelvey at lizardtech.com
Mon Jan 10 20:05:21 EST 2011

All,

I have made a change to simplify build configuration for the mrsid driver on the trunk (r21458).  If you regularly build this driver, especially if you have a vested interest in maintaining compatibility with a particular historical MrSID SDK release, please give it a whirl and let me know if you have any trouble with it.

Previously it was a manual and iterative process to get the MRSID_* vars correct for a given SDK release - especially if it was an older one.  Now you should just have to set MRSID_DIR and that's it, even using older MrSID SDKs.

The work is done in a new file, frmts/mrsid/nmake.opt, which is !INCLUDEd from gdal/nmake.opt.  If you have an interest in the windows build harness and the patience to examine this file I would appreciate hearing any feedback or concerns about the approach I took.

Tamas, from what I understand you have tweaked the layout of the MrSID SDK used in your daily windows builds.  Depending on the details this might work for you anyway; if it doesn't, let me know.

Thanks,

Kirk