[gdal-dev] gdalwarp with gauss resampling

Jan Hartmann j.l.h.hartmann at uva.nl
Thu Jan 13 16:14:35 EST 2011

On 01/12/11 20:17, Frank Warmerdam wrote:

> Yes, you can dump overviews to a standalone file using the
> "dumpoverviews"
> commandline application.  I don't think it is built by default so you
> might
> need to go into gdal/apps and make it explicitly.

Yes, this works after compiling: I get a standalone, gauss-resampled
version of the original file at a lower resolution. For larger areas I
would need to combine several raster files with gdal_merge, run gdaladdo
on the large file, dump the overviews and throw the original combination
file away. It's a long shot, but is it possible to run gdaladdo on a
vrt-file that only has pointers to the datasets? I don't need the
original merged file, only the derived downsampled ones.

Jan