[gdal-dev] Problem with GDAL Python bindings and ECW format under Windows

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 17:30:16 EST 2011

2011/1/25 Jason Roberts <jason.roberts at duke.edu>

> Tamas,
>

> Are you still planning to implement the registry-based approach? I ask
> because you seemed in favor of avoiding modifying PATH, if at all possible
> (a position I agree with), and the registry approach would eliminate that
> need while still making GDAL + bindings “just work”.

Jason,

As the time permits, I'll do some tests in this regard. Since not only the
PATH, but other environment settings should also be applied, I consider a
bootstrap dll to be implemented for all bindings. The only issue is that
where to place this dll file to make it available for all for all bindings
to load. May be into the system directory (?)

Best regards,

Tamas