[gdal-dev] HDF5 product handling

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Jul 4 09:29:01 EDT 2011

On Mon, Jul 4, 2011 at 9:16 AM, Alex Mantaut
<alexmantaut at suremptec.com.ar> wrote:
> Hi Frank,
>      In that case all the handling for the CSK product should go on the
> Open() method from hdf5imagedataset? Is there any way to avoid polluting the
> hdf5imagedataset with all the subproduct's constants?

Generally I would just use the constants inline rather than predefine
them for this purpose.  If you find the product stuff is getting really
bulky you could move it into a separate source file, but I'd suggest
avoiding extra specific classes.

> Shall I define Product
> specific private methods as: getCSKGeotransform() to get the information?
> regards

Normally in the open we would do a product-specific method to fetch
metadata and it would set the metadata data members, geotransform and
other similar stuff rather than having many product specific methods for
particular data items.

I can try to review your patch when ready.