[gdal-dev] Assigning affine matrix coefficients for a new driver.

Rodolfo Bonnin rodolfobonnin at suremptec.com.ar
Tue Jul 5 14:33:46 EDT 2011

Hello All,

I'm working on a new PRISM driver, and it can now read the rasterbands from
all products. Now I'm working on reading the georeferencing data, and trying
to set the affine matrix coefficients. The format specification* says in
page 53 for one of the map projection fields:

Field No 58

Coefficient of F4 function (a, b, c, d, e, f)

x'        a     b         x        e
     =                          +
y'        c     d         y        f

(x,y)  : Map coordinate
(x',y') : Corrected Image address

Remarks:

Map projection origin = (0,0).
In case of UTM, map coordinate at an
intersection of the equator and UTM
zone refelence (sic) circles of longitude = (0,0)

_____

* http://www.eorc.jaxa.jp/ALOS/en/doc/fdata/PRISM_L1_J_ENa.zip

Shall I assume the affine coefficients gdal requires, are those of the
inverse of the given matrix? Just to confirm.
Many thanks in advance.

--
Ing. Rodolfo Bonnin
SUR Emprendimientos Tecnológicos

Perú 345  Piso 5to Oficina "B" (C1067AAG)
Ciudad de Buenos Aires, Argentina
Tel. +54 (11) 4342-2976/84
rodolfobonnin at suremptec.com.ar
www.suremptec.com