[gdal-dev] Unwanted partial transparency when clipping

Chaitanya kumar CH chaitanya.ch at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 02:45:18 EDT 2011

Michael,

It looks like both the images have the transparency issue.
Please provide the gdalinfo outputs of the rasters.

Specifying the extents in gdal_merge.py will definitely speed things up.

Scaling time has many more variables. It is probably faster in
gdal_translate. Also, gdal_translate also has more options of resampling
methods.

File size not only depends on the information to to stored but also the
encoding. Your original image was compressed more than the output image. If
you want, you can specify the compression creation options to the GDAL
programs. For tiff formats you can see that options at GTiff driver page[1].

[1]: http://www.gdal.org/frmt_gtiff.html

Chaitanya kumar CH.
/tʃaɪθənjə/ /kʊmɑr/
+91-9494447584