[gdal-dev] GML without geometry export forward shapefile with null geometry

aperi2007 aperi2007 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 9 15:04:25 EDT 2011

Frank,
thx for response.

But unfortunately I have not well explained.

My GML has not one only class but instead it has many classes.
Some classes has geometry and some other classes has not geometry.
So I cannot set it manually to wkbnone because only some classes need to
be translated to dbf only.

If you confirm that also this situation is compliant with the gdal/ogr
rules and the driver could be able to generate a dbf-only file when meet
a class without geometry and instead generate a shapefile when meet a
class with geometry, I open a ticket and add some examples.

thx,
Andrea.