[gdal-dev] ogr2ogr ERROR 6

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Sat Jul 16 15:04:56 EDT 2011

Zoltan,

ERROR 6 is a generic error number, so a google on it would not be helpful.
It sounds like you got all or almost all your data, so I suppose how much you
followup will depend on how exactly you want to preserve the data.

Assuming you would like to follow up the best approach is likely to file
a ticket with the data and someone can dig into what is going wrong.

You might also find it helpful to add "--debug on" to the commandline to see
if there is any more information on what goes wrong.  From my perspective,
to look into the issue I will run the translation in the debugger, break in
CPLErrorV and track back to see what is triggering it.  The genericness of
the error message likely means some low level function is returning a failure
code and the actual problem is not clear at the point the error message is
issued.

Best regards,