[gdal-dev] Help needed regarding SWIG Packaging

Vipul Raheja vipul.iiith at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 05:27:41 EDT 2011

Hi,

I am working on developing SWIG-Python wrappings for OSSIM, a tool for
satellite image processing. I wanted some help regarding the same since GDAL
uses Swig for the same. I am facing a problem regarding the packaging.

As of now I have developed SWIG-Wrapper interface files (.i Files) for 130
different classes, and am ale to access them independently from a Python
console also; but I am not able to combine them into a single module so as
to be able to access them all together from a single import command, i.e.
suppose there are classes a.cpp/a.h and b.cpp/b.h, then I have created their
swig wrappers a.i and b.i, but in order to access them from a Python
console, I have to compile them separately, generate the .so file and when I
do an 'import module' in Python, I can access only one class's functionality
at a time (the one which I compiled). In order to access the other class's
functionality, I have to compile that class, generate the .so file, and then
I am able to import it.

And what I want is that by doing a single compilation, .so generation and
import command, I should be able to access all the wrapped functions from
Python rather than the piece wise way which is happening currently.

Any ideas on the issue? Help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,
Vipul Raheja