[gdal-dev] ogr2ogr unable to open

Bob Pawley rjpawley at shaw.ca
Mon Jun 6 13:27:14 EDT 2011

Hi

I hope this is the right list.

I am attempting to use the FWTools to convert a .dxf file to a PostgreSQL database.

I am using the following format -

ogr2ogr -f "PostgreSQL" PG: "host=Remote Host user=postgres dbname=E5R password=Password  p081.dxf

I receive an error message -  unable to open datasource   ..... with the following drivers.

The PostgreSQL driver is listed amongst the generated list.

The database is accessible with other tools from this computer.

Any thoughts on what I am doing wrong will be appreciated.

Bob