[gdal-dev] installing ogrsf_frmts include files

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Jun 9 09:53:03 EDT 2011

On 11-06-08 05:19 PM, Stephen Woodbridge wrote:
> Hi Frank et al,
>
> Is there a way to install the ogrsf_frmts include files short of just manually
> copy the files. OpenGraphRouter is using some of these in C++ to create
> geometries. Specifically:
>
> ogrsf_frmts/shape/shapefil.h
> ogrsf_frmts/kml/ogr_kml.h
>
> and maybe some others. Since these are not normally installed, I'm assuming
> this is a bad thing that we are trying to use them and should look at some
> other way of defining our geometries because these are not intended as public
> api and are subject change.

Steve,

Well, these are essentially private include files and I'm not likely to
sanction installing them as part of the normal GDAL install.

I am not sure what you use out of ogr_kml.h but I will note there is
a public exporttoKML() method on OGRGeometry which you can use without
including ogr_kml.h.  That doesn't handle the whole feature, but it does
handle the trickiest part.

Likewise I'm not sure why you use shapefil.h directly instead of managing
shapefiles through the OGR API.  Perhaps that could be investigated.