[gdal-dev] jpeg in tiff artifacts

Brian Case rush at winkey.org
Thu Jun 16 13:59:35 EDT 2011

matt,

jpeg is a lossy format. the nodata is ignored because those pixels are
no longer the same value as the nodata value.

You can add a mask band to the tiff but unfortunately aside from
gdalwarp and mapserver I don't think there is any other way to read it.

see http://docs.oam.osgeo.org/storage/creating.html

Brian