[gdal-dev] Re: Michigan GeoRef - Michigan Oblique Mercator - EPSG:3078

Hilmy Hashim hilmyh at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 14:09:58 EDT 2011

The problem is best summarised by Mikael Rittri here;
http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/RSO-gamma-and-Hotine-Oblique-Mercator-Variant-A-td6256795.html

He has also created a ticket here: http://trac.osgeo.org/proj/ticket/104

Unfortunately, I'm still waiting for the issue to be resolved. A workaround
is to use offset northings and eastings as suggested by epsg here for the
peninsular RSO:
http://georepository.com/crs_3375/GDM2000-Peninsula-RSO.html See
the remarks in the metadata for the projection:

If using Hotine Oblique Mercator (variant B) method (code 9815),
Ec=472830.426 m, Nc=442454.099 m.

Maybe there something similar for your projection.

*Hilmy*