[gdal-dev] JAXAPalsar 1.0 & 1.1 extended metadata reading support

Antonio Valentino antonio.valentino at tiscali.it
Mon Jun 27 12:29:11 EDT 2011

Hi Rodolfo,

Il giorno Mon, 27 Jun 2011 10:22:35 -0300
Rodolfo Bonnin <rodolfobonnin at suremptec.com.ar> ha scritto:

> Hello Antonio,
>
> I'm using this specification, because I can't reach the link you
> posted : www.eorc.jaxa.jp/ALOS/en/doc/fdata/*PALSAR_x_Format_EL*.pdf
>
> The file specification  (Page 125) describes a Sar data format type:
>

> 401-428 SAR Data format type
>     Level 1.1 = 'COMPLEX*8bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb'
>     Level 1.5 = 'UNSIGNEDbINTEGER*2bbbbbbbb'
>
> 429-432 SAR Data format type code
>     Level 1.1 = 'C*8b'
>     Level 1.5 = 'IU2b'
>
> So yes, we should read unsigned ints. Thanks for the patch!

Thank you very much. I'm going to file a ticket as soon as I can.
Also, FYI, I attached a little patch related to the JAXA PALSAR driver
to ticket

http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/2234

The patch fixes the detection of PALSAR Level 1.0 products that ate non
supported bi the driver.

> 2011/6/25 Antonio Valentino <antonio.valentino at tiscali.it>
>
> > Hi Rodolfo,
> > can you please confirm that the data type of PALSAR Level 1.5
> > products should be GDT_UInt16 and not GDT_Int16 as in current
> > implementation?
> >
> > If so I will file a ticket with a patch for fixing the issue.
> >

> > thanks
> >

> > Il 17/06/2011 21:28, Rodolfo Bonnin ha scritto:
> > > Hello all,
> > >
> > > I'm just working with some JAXAPalsar images, and I've discovered
> > > that there is no retrieval of the coordinate system metadata
> > > retrieval in the current driver, the driver documentation says
> > > georeferencing is only supported in level 1.5.
> > > Has anyone tried to implement the feature for this lower level? I
> > > have gathered some good information about how this could be done,
> > > but in order to exempt myself to repeat effort, I prefer to
> > > consult the list beforehand.

ciao

--
Antonio Valentino