[gdal-dev] GDALWarpOperation.ChunkAndWarpImage slow on large tiffs

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Wed Mar 9 14:50:52 EST 2011

Le mercredi 09 mars 2011 19:46:26, Radim Blazek a écrit :
> Hi,

developer/2011-March/013291.html

Was it the report you were refering too ? If yes, then the report gives an
interesting hint. You must be aware that the warping code does not take
advantage of overviews (it is intended to operate on the full-resolution
raster, and not for downsampling as Frank underlined), so you will have really
bad performance comparing too GDALRasterIO() if the output dimensions are much
smaller than the input window size.