[gdal-dev] Many files over the network

Kyle Ellison kellison at geocue.com
Tue Mar 15 09:51:02 EDT 2011

Thanks Even.  Yes it is GeoTIFF.  This is the first time I've ever looked at
the GDAL source, so I am not sure what the faster version we have was
actually doing  regarding metadata files.  I know that by commenting out the
search for RPC files, I was able to get the image open time back down to
what it was previously. It was taking a half second just to search for RPC
files in the new version.  I know the previous version I was using must NOT
have been doing that, because the image open time previously was more like a
tenth of a second. I've not been using SVN (I do have a small bit of
experience with Hg).  I built GDAL from source code downloaded from Tamas
Szekeres since that is where I am getting my GDAL binaries now.  Do you have
any suggestions on the best way for me to proceed to test your patch?

Thanks,

Kyle