[gdal-dev] Where is this nmake.opt file located?

Chaitanya kumar CH chaitanya.ch at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 00:27:02 EDT 2011

Natasha,

After you install the GDAL and GDAL-Oracle packages, you can access the
command line applications in the OSGeo4W Shell command window.
http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/#QuickStartforOSGeo4WUsers

You can find the info on connecting to Oracle Spatial in the GDAL website.
For vector data access: http://www.gdal.org/ogr/drv_oci.html
For raster data access: http://www.gdal.org/frmt_georaster.html

On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 12:51 AM, natasha chatterjee <
natashachatterjee at rediffmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks
> I installed Osgeo4w but now I am not getting how to connect
> GDAL with Oracle spatial.Please tell me the process and what
> are the prerequisites to bechecked.(How to proceed?)
>
> Kindly help me.
>
> Regards
> Natasha
>
> Tynaks
> On Tue, 15 Mar 2011 23:57:06 +0530 wrote
>
> >Natasha,
>
> nmake.opt file is for when you compile the source. It is in the root
> directory of the GDAL source tree.
>

> If you intend to use Oracle Spatial with GDAL on Windows, you are better
> off with OSGeo4W than FWTools. It provides oracle support as a separate
> plugin. http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/
>

> On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 10:52 PM, natasha chatterjee wrote:
>

> Hi All
>
> I am using FWTools.Can anyone tell me where is this
>
> nmake.opt file located on our system?if its not there then
>
> how to get it?(As i want to configure oracle spatial with
>
> GDAL)
>

> please reply soon.
>

> Thanks and regards
>
> Natasha