[gdal-dev] Calculate footprints of shapefiles

Armin Burger armin.burger at gmx.net
Thu Mar 17 08:21:51 EDT 2011

Chaitanya

I can understand how the UnionCascade works in PostDIS since it's an aggregate function. I just don't understand how I should use it in OGR. The documentation has a single line
    UnionCascaded(self) -> Geometry

So it returns a geometry from another geometry, but I would need a returned geometry from a *list* of input geometries, not from a single one. So I don't have a clue if this is possible in OGR.

Another option could be the "Collect" function, but this seems to be only implemented in the C libraries, not in the Python bindings. Looks like geometry collections are not available in OGR for Python at all.

Armin

-------- Original-Nachricht --------