[gdal-dev] download.osgeo.org down?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Mar 21 11:48:56 EDT 2011

> Hi,
>
> Still unavailable from my network, in Spain. Same problem with
> trac.osgeo.org since today. And
>
> http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/trac.osgeo.org
>
> Says trac is down...

Jorge,

The Trac/SVN VM was down for circa 30 minutes this morning, but should be
working fine again now. This problem was unrelated to the download.osgeo.org
issue.

For GDAL or other OSGeo systems problems I would encourage the following
sequence:

1) Mention it in the #osgeo channel on IRC if you notice a problem.
2) wait 10-15 minutes for a response or for a transient problem to go away.
3) Submit a trac ticket at http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo (with component
set to "Systems Admin") and details on the issue.  Email about the ticket
will be sent to the sac mailing list.

Obviously problems with trac can't be reported via trac in which case
email to the sac at lists.osgeo.org mailing list would be good.  Note that
you need to be subscribed to the list to post to it.