[gdal-dev] accessing zip files by URL

Joaquim Luis jluis at ualg.pt
Thu Mar 24 14:03:57 EDT 2011

Even, Chaitanya

Thanks for hint.

I did read the http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/UserDocs/ReadInZip but it
hasn't any mention to the need of using "vsicurl"

I was about to do the tests you did, so thank you also for that.
The point here is not to read that file in particular. I just wanted to
use one as example and one that is not a *.tar.gz that the docs say it
won't work.
Ok, I have enough information to make it possible to read some
compressed files sitting somewhere in the web and have the data land
directly in the internals of GMT.

Thanks

Joaquim