R: Re: [gdal-dev] create kml file using MySQL database or shape file

sigfrido at tiscali.it sigfrido at tiscali.it
Wed May 4 06:08:40 EDT 2011

Hi Murat,

I'm not so much into KML, but I think that maybe the
problem is with your SQL: you are not including any geometry column in
the select instruction. If you open the KML file with a text editor,
you can see if the points are being exported and with which
coordinates.

Does the MySQL table have a geometric column? Or you just
have the lon/lat coordinates?
If you don't have geometry you have first
to add it to the MySQL table, update it with the point geometry created
from lon/lat, and then export the points in KML.

Hope this helps

Sig