[gdal-dev] Need some help adding libCurl to GDAL

Paul Meems bontepaarden at gmail.com
Thu May 19 04:22:08 EDT 2011

Hi List,

I'm still working on Win7 with VS2008 and I try to add libcurl to GDAL so we
can use the new WFS driver.
Two days ago I already succeeded in compile just libcurl and add it to GDAL.
But then the WFS driver doesn't work with https links.

So yesterday I've been trying for almost 10 hours to get libcurl, openssl
and libssh to compile together.
I'm using
http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/Using-libcurl-with-SSH-support-in-Visual-Studio-2008.pdfas
a guide and downloaded and installed:
* ActivePerl
* OpenSSL
* libSSH2
* Netwide Assembler

I've got the necessary files now. I also did what was suggested in Appendix
A of the PDF.

But when I do ogrinfo -ro WFS:https://my.testserver.com I get this response:
Error returned by server : Protocol https not supported or disabled in
libcurl

Today I tried checking if libcurl is configured properly, but I'm lost in
the non-windows makefile and perl files.
But because I followed the guide I assume libcurl is correctly build.

Most likely I need to make additional changes to my nmake.opt for GDAL.
Currently I have this:
CURL_DIR =    $(GDAL_HOME)\..\cUrl
CURL_INC = -I$(CURL_DIR)/include
CURL_LIB = $(CURL_DIR)/lib/DLL-Release/libcurl_imp.lib wsock32.lib
wldap32.lib winmm.lib

I'm also not aware what is best: using a dynamic or static library, but that
is a more general question ;)

So please advice me how to enable https.

Thanks,

Paul

*Paul Meems *
Release manager, configuration manager