[gdal-dev] Need some help adding libCurl to GDAL

Paul Meems bontepaarden at gmail.com
Fri May 20 04:16:24 EDT 2011

Thanks Even,

I've been mailing with Tamas already.
I want to build GDAL myself because we want to add additional libraries as
libKML, SpatiaLite and PostGIS.

When I do curl.exe -V I get
curl 7.21.6 (i386-pc-win32) libcurl/7.21.6 OpenSSL/1.0.0d libssh2/1.2.8
Protocols: dict file ftp ftps gopher http https imap imaps pop3 pop3s rtsp
scp s
ftp smtp smtps telnet tftp
Features: AsynchDNS Largefile NTLM SSL

When I do curl https://my.server.com I get
curl: (60) SSL certificate problem, verify that the CA cert is OK. Details:
error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify
failed

When I do curl *-k* https://my.server.com I get the result I want.
So curl is properly configured.

Do I need to change something in my nmake.opt of GDAL or do I need to use
ogrinfo and ogr2ogr in a different way so I can pass the -k option?

Thanks,

Paul

 *Paul Meems *
Release manager, configuration manager