[gdal-dev] Need some help adding libCurl to GDAL

Paul Meems bontepaarden at gmail.com
Mon May 23 10:50:14 EDT 2011

Even,

Thanks for your reply.
I understand the need for certificates but using certificates for a server
that doesn't require it makes it hard to access that server.
If I need to explain to my users to follow Tamas his blogspot to access the
server of their choice they go crazy.

I've tried your suggestion and patched port/cpl_http.cpp.
But I keep this error: "Protocol https not supported or disabled in libcurl"

I really feel I need to enable something else in GDAL but I have no idea
what.
As a workaround I copy curl.exe as well and use it to get my WFS though
https.
But of course that is not a solution. I'm still wondering if anybody has
some experience with GDAL + WFS driver and https.

Thanks,

Paul