[gdal-dev] OGR equivalent to ARCpy MakeFeatureLayer

Jay L. jzl5325 at psu.edu
Tue May 24 14:43:00 EDT 2011

I have a script, written to use ESRI's ArcPy, which I am attempting to
re-write using the ogr/gdal python bindings.  One of the parameters that I
can pass to ESRI's MakeFeatureLayer function is an SQL Query.  This creates
a featurelayer (in memory) which contains only those rows which meet the
criteria.  For this script I am iterating through each feature, placing it
into it's own feature layer, intersecting with another in memory feature
layer, and finally writing out the newly created geometry(s).

feature.GetFID() returns the unique ID as expected.  Can I use OGR SQL to
format this query?  How about creating an in memory feature layer with only
the selected feature?

Thanks,
Jay