[gdal-dev] ERDASJP2 Debug builds crash

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue May 31 09:15:05 EDT 2011

On 11-05-31 07:20 AM, Emmet Spier wrote:
> All,
>
> I have been trying to build GDAL with ECWJP2 support. I have built a test
> program using exactly the same build environment (vc80) and flags as the gdal
> default gdal build enviroment. In Debug builds in or out of the debugger I
> experience a crash in the ERDAS (debug) dll on GDALClose(). Below I include
> full details demonstrating the vanilla test carried out.
>
> If anyone could offer thoughts on what I might be doing wrong I would be very
> grateful.
>
> Emmet.
>
> ----
>
> I build gdal 1.8 using "nmake /f makefile.vc DEBUG=1" having set the ECW
> variables in nmake.opt
>
> ------- BUILD EXTRACT FOLLOWS SHOWING 'Default' DEBUG BUILD ----------
>
> D:\ThirdPartyBuilds\GDAL\yagb\gdal-1.8.0\frmts>cd ecw && nmake /nologo /f
> makefile.vc && cd .. || exit 1
>
> cl /nologo /MD /EHsc /Zi /W4 /D_CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE
> /D_CRT_NONSTDC_NO_DEPRECATE /Fd..\..\gdal18.pdb /DDEBUG -I..\..\port
> -I..\..\ogr -I..\..\gcore -I..\..\alg -I..\..\ogr\ogrsf_frmt

Emmet,

To the best of my knowledge adding DEBUG=1 to the build does not use the
windows debug runtime, it just builds with /Zi (turn on debug information).
So I presume the runtime choices are not compatible with a debug runtime
build of the ECW SDK.

I normally do not build GDAL with the debug runtime but if you really want
to you are likely going to have adjust the flags yourself.