[gdal-dev] Problem with rotated satellite images

Mort Canty m.canty at fz-juelich.de
Thu Nov 3 10:29:27 EDT 2011

Hi everyone,

I've started using the Python GDAL package to convert raster images in
ENVI format to GeoTIFF, ERDAS Imagine, PCI Geomatics and other formats.
My imagery is UTM,  WGS-84 and path-oriented, i.e., rotated away from
north-up. I find that, after conversion with GDAL, the rotation is
always lost and the images are incorrectly oriented north-up. I'm using
the CreateCopy method in Python to do the conversion, e.g.,

imgDataset = driver.CreateCopy(img.name, enviDataset)

Can anyone help?

Sorry if this is a known issue. I'm new here and haven't figured out how
to search the archive.

Thanks,

Mort

Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
52425 Juelich
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Juelich
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: MinDirig Dr. Karl Eugen Huthmacher
Prof. Dr. Sebastian M. Schmidt