[gdal-dev] Windows FWTools GDAL built with GEOS intersection support?

Chaitanya kumar CH chaitanya.ch at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 22:48:19 EST 2011

Chris,

FWTools for Windows had not been maintained for quite a while. But the
Intersection() function should work with the latest. It uses gdal1.5
You should consider using OSGeo4W [1]. It can maintain a broad set of open
source GIS tools, including GEOS, on your Windows machine.

[1]: http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/DownloadingGdalBinaries#OSGeo4W

On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 7:58 AM, Chris 'Xenon' Hanson
<xenon at alphapixel.com>wrote:

>  I'm using the latest FWTools Windows binaries, and I see they include a
> geos lib file,
> which I have linked with.
>
>  Is the gdal library rigged to utilize the included geos so that
> OGRGeometry::Intersection() is implemented and functional?
>

> http://www.gdal.org/ogr/classOGRGeometry.html#202ad4c29487ca046c4a2b055042cb6a
>
> --
> Chris 'Xenon' Hanson, omo sanza lettere. Xenon at AlphaPixel.com
> http://www.alphapixel.com/
>  Digital Imaging. OpenGL. Scene Graphs. GIS. GPS. Training. Consulting.
> Contracting.
>    "There is no Truth. There is only Perception. To Perceive is to Exist."
> - Xen

Chaitanya kumar CH.

+91-9494447584
17.2416N 80.1426E