[gdal-dev] Ogr2ogr

Fred Jones fredjonze at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 23:59:28 EST 2011

I'm new to OGR and am having difficulty creating a command. I have GDAL v1.8.

I have x/y points in Montana State Plane NAD 27 central in a SQL 2008 database. I'm trying to use the SQLSpatial driver to grab the x/y from SQL, project the points to either geometry or geography, and direct the output to a SQL spatial database as a new table. Al that I've managed to do so far is copy the table...don't know the syntax to do the initial projection. I have examples to do something like this from original long/lat, but not state plane.

Any help is appreciated.

Thx

Fred