[gdal-dev] VSI issue

Ari Jolma ari.jolma at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 09:04:55 EST 2011

Hi,

A few days ago on this list I mentioned that the following works using a
recent version from trunk (and Perl bindings):

use Geo::GDAL;
$datasource = Geo::OGR::Open('/home/ajolma/data/parks.shp');
Geo::OGR::Driver('GML')->Copy($datasource, '/dev/stdout');

I'm testing a simple WFS written in Perl and basically the above is the
contents of the GetFeature subroutine (the datasource name comes of
course from a configuration file). However, using this in a Perl CGI
program leads to "RuntimeError Failed to create GML file /dev/stdout." -
it seems like the VSI does not work when the Perl program is run as a
CGI program. I may investigate the issue more but maybe somebody has an
answer right away. - I can forward the output to a file and then send
the file but it would be nice to feed it directly to the client.

Regards,

Ari