[gdal-dev] VSI issue

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Sat Nov 19 09:24:03 EST 2011

> I found the problem. It is changeset 23022 (by you, Even :), which
> removes support for "stdout" and adds "/dev/stdout" as an alias to
> "/vsistdout/". Simple, but took me a while to find out especially as the
> log message begins "mentions in the doc".

Hum, so it means that under your CGI the stdout file is actually closed.
Because before r23022 /dev/stdout was considered as a regular file and was
opened, but now that /vsistdout/ is used, it directly writes to FILE* stdout.

I don't know Apache but perhaps there's an option to leave stdout opened for
the forked process ?