[gdal-dev] python bindings: 2x ds.WriteRaster?

Vincent Schut schut at sarvision.nl
Tue Nov 29 04:44:39 EST 2011

Hi list,

Remembering a recent message mentioning the existence of both
'ReadArray' and 'WriteArray' on the dataset level of the python swig
bindings, I opened up my gdal.py (svn rev. 23438), and found this:

There is a ds.ReadAsArray()
There is no ds.WriteArray()
There are *2* defined functions ds.WriteRaster() (line 730, and line 767
in gdal.py).

Especially the last point is bothering me... What is the intention of
that? Afaik one of those will probably never be called? Should one of
those have had a different name? Is my gdal.py bad?

Cheers,
Vincent.