[gdal-dev] Re: Rasterlite / WSGI problem

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Wed Nov 30 05:28:48 EST 2011

Selon Radim Blazek <radim.blazek at gmail.com>:

> I'll reply to myself in case anyone have the same problem.
>
> Apache is linked to SQLite. SQLite from deb is not compiled with
> rtree. WSGI is started as Apache fork, so the process has SQLite (from
> /usr/lib/) already loaded and later explicit loading of SQLite lib
> with rtree cannot help.
>
> I solved it setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH to point to SQLite with rtree in
> /etc/apache2/envvars. I had also tried to compile GDAL staticaly
> linked to SpatiaLite but it was not working.

I've never tried static linking with spatialite. Perhaps some configure.in
tweaking required here

> BTW, if RasterliteBand::IReadBlock fails, it does not return an error
> and silently sets image to black (rasterlitedataset.cpp:98):
>
>     OGRLayerH hSQLLyr = OGR_DS_ExecuteSQL(poGDS->hDS, osSQL.c_str(),
> NULL, NULL);
>     if (hSQLLyr == NULL)
>     {
>         memset(pImage, 0, nBlockXSize * nBlockYSize * nDataTypeSize);
>         return CE_None;
>     }
>
> Is it OK?

Perhaps CE_Failure would be more appropriate indeed. In the event of an empty
result set, this should return a valid layer, so NULL is definitely when
something is wrong. You can try returning CE_Failure and if it works as you
expect, feel free to commit the change.