[gdal-dev] Covert MODIS Land Temperatures Sinusoidal to Lat Lon

Vincent Schut schut at sarvision.nl
Wed Nov 30 10:26:14 EST 2011

On 11/30/2011 03:41 PM, elliott wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have been searching for a way to convert the MODIS Land Temperature
> data that is in a sinusoidal projection into WSG84 lat/lon but have
> not found any definitive answers.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I've been using this gdalwarp line, though for modis land spectral data
and not temperature:

gdalwarp -s_srs '+proj=sinu +R=6371007.181 +nadgrids=@null +wktext'
-t_srs EPSG:4326 -srcnodata 0 -dstnodata 0 -r cubic -co "TILED=YES" -co
"TFW=YES"  ${INFILE} ${OUTFILE}

nb it's from a bash script so change the INFILE and OUTFILE stuff, and
if you want to you can remove the -co tiled and tfw creation options.
ymmv.

Vincent.