[gdal-dev] CMake for GDAL

Jayesh Chaudhary aashishcy at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 14:14:21 EDT 2011

Hi All,

First of all, many thanks to Howard for introducing me. I have been using
GDAL for long time and used it successfully in various projects

No need to say that CMake has been adopted by various open source and
commercial projects. CMake itself is open source with a very flexible
licensing and is very active project (just this week 2.8.6 has been
released) (http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/CMake_Projects)

I personally felt that GDAL can be benefited by using CMake. Once done, It
 will make it easier to add new modules to GDAL and save bunch of time
writing custom build files for various platforms. Also if desired, can be
coupled with CTEST and CDASH for testing.

It is good to see that people are supporting the idea. To know more about
CMake please visit http://cmake.org/cmake/project/about.html. Please feel
free to contact us if you have any questions / concerns.

Thanks,
Aashish