[gdal-dev] Fwd: gdal_merge.py - Missing images - sans attachment

Jay L. jzl5325 at psu.edu
Sat Oct 8 11:10:03 EDT 2011

I got this working this morning.  Again, I simply need to explore the
documentation better!  My issue was not with format or projection, but with
image size.  My final mosaic kept hitting the 3.7GB mark, regardless of
whether I used a .vrt, a GTiff, or worked with gdalwarp.

Reading the GTiff driver documentation, I needed to set BigTiff to yes.

Thanks all who responded.  Using a vrt definitely sped the process as I no
longer needed to batch translate from IMG to tif.