[gdal-dev] Using gdal_translate to convert tiff 2 tiff with georeferencing

Михаил envenom.gm at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 21:17:09 EDT 2011

Hello, everybody.
I have some images in TIFF format created in Photoshop. Also, I have
georeferncing for each file in txt.
If I'm working with BMP files, then i have no problems - I can use this
command line for example
gdal_translate -co COMPRESS=LZW -co JPEG_QUALITY=100 -a_srs "+proj=utm
+zone=37 +datum=WGS84" "input.bmp" "output.tiff"
Also I have created additional  input.bpw file
2.00
0.00
0.00
-2.00
395276.00
6206467.00
I don't know the reason, but gdal_translate doesn't generate
georeferencing without this input.bpw file.
But then I've tried to convert tiff without georeferencing 2 tiff with
georeferencing using next command line
gdal_translate -co COMPRESS=LZW -co JPEG_QUALITY=100 -a_srs "+proj=utm
+zone=37 +datum=WGS84" "input.tiff" "output.tiff"
Unfortunately, it doesn't work. It looks like gdal_translate is taking
reference information from input TIFF and obviously there is nothing,
because it was created in Photoshop. If I'm using TIFF created in
GlobalMapper with georeferencing, then all works fine. How to solve this
poblem?