[gdal-dev] ArcSDE -> GeoTiff: Bit size calculation failed...

Howard Butler hobu.inc at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 12:04:20 EDT 2011

On Oct 14, 2011, at 9:47 AM, Wouter Schaubroeck wrote:
> Bit size calculation failed...
> SDE's length:16834 With bitmap length: 18529 Without bitmap length: 16834

Wouter,

I was the author of that code, but it has been a number of years since I've done anything with SDE. I believe it has to do with the fact that the raster layer you're reading from has a bitmask (bitmap) on it, and the SDE driver doesn't handle them.  The code probably needs to be updated to either disregard the mask, or handle it as a GDAL MaskBand.

Hope this helps,

Howard