[gdal-dev] proposal for a new GDAL/OGR utility app: gdalsrsinfo

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Sun Oct 16 21:06:28 EDT 2011

On Sun, Oct 16, 2011 at 6:02 PM, Etienne Tourigny
<etourigny.dev at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'll look into testepsg, I thought it was only for EPSG codes (guess I
> was wrong). I also overlooked it because it is not in the GDAL
> utilities page.

Etienne,

The most accurate part of the utilities name is "test".  It is not
in the utilities page because it is not a supported utility.  It
was really just for me to do testing.

> Perhaps I can combine testepsg with gdalsrsinfo ?

I would imagine gdalsrsinfo superceding testepsg.

The gdaltransform utility already does the transformation work
done by testepsg.

I'm ok with you adding gdalsrsinfo as a supported utility.