[gdal-dev] deploying with GDAL libraries

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 14:22:11 EDT 2011

2011/10/18 Pouliot, Christopher (DNR) <Christopher.Pouliot at state.mn.us>

>  1)      **What is the best way to incorporate PROJ.4?  Can I simply set
> the PROJ_LIB environment variable in my application to point to my PROJ.dll
> location?

In the default gdal build proj4 is loaded dynamically. Your responsibility
is to deploy proj.dll into a location available in the common Windows dll
search locations. (probably into the same directory of where the gdal dll
resides)
PROJ_LIB should point to the folder containing the epsg file etc.

**

> **2)      **What are the bare minimum files I need to incorporate into my
> application for deployment?  ****
>
> **

It depends on your compilation. You may use the Dependency Walker to make
sure which dlls your build depends on.

Best regards,

Tamas