[gdal-dev] proposed changes to netcdf export behaviour (perhaps RFC)

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Wed Oct 19 15:49:16 EDT 2011

> > As PSC chair I will not be offended if you proceed with netcdf changes
> > *without* a formal RFC type vote on the changes.  The changes are fixing
> > bugs and don't cause real backward compatability issues and I'm willing
> > to treat you as the authority/owner for the driver.
>
> OK Frank, many thanks for you support and trust

I also totally share Frank's opinion. All the efforts you have lead seem to
have been carefully thought about and are well documented (in the wiki, but
frmt_netcdf.html would perhaps need updates). Plus I'd have difficulties to vote
for a RFC with an enlightened mind on such a specialized topic ;-)

How will you proceed to updating in SVN ? A big code drop, or apply
incremental changes ? Personnaly, I tend to prefer micro changes to be able to
track regressions more easily, but it might be hard with the workflow you
followed using git? I'd note that merging a svn branch in trunk would also
loose incremental steps. That's just questions to satisfy my curiosity: I
don't ask you to "rewrite history" as they seem to do in Linux kernel
development.